Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{17 weeks}



17 weeks (and some days) already! This pregnancy is going by so quickly. It's very crazy to think that in less than three weeks, I'll be half way there. Well, give or take. Who knows if I'll go early or "late" (again) this time.

We have our next appointment on Monday. After that, we get to schedule our ultrasound! I'm so excited for that. Jake and I are planning on a dinner date after the ultrasound... not exactly sure how that will work yet, but we'll figure it out. We hope to have the ultrasound tech write down the gender on a piece of paper that we get to look at later on our date. I think it will be fun!!

I finally got in to the lab and got my blood drawn, per my midwife's request (since she wasn't able to do it). It was super quick and easy. Needles don't typically bother me at all, so it was easy peasy. I didn't even feel it this time; the tech did a great job... probably the best job anyone has done trying to draw my blood. It was probably the first time anyone has ever gotten me with the first poke, too (I've been poked and re-poked so many times that I finally established a two-poke rule... if you can't get me in two tries, it's someone else's turn!).

The next day I had an icky bruise. I never usually bruise this bad, but I did this time.



And this was it yesterday:


Slowly but surely going away! People kind of look at me funny when they see it...

I think that's all I'll share for an update... nothing else is really happening and nothing else has changed (I'm still sick and tired, ha)... so I'll just leave it at that until my next appointment. I'm tired and am going to go to bed... unfortunately I am going to bed alone! Jake is still working and I have no idea when he'll be off. It'll be another looong day tomorrow, too... boo. I miss him!! But I am so thankful for such a hard worker... God has blessed me!


No comments: