Saturday, July 28, 2012

Paper Rose Wreath


I'm kinda lonely today. For someone who enjoys staying home, being home, never leaving home... that's saying a lot! I honestly don't go and do many things during the week. I'm just kind of a hermit in that way, I guess. I'm definitely a introvert... some people just drain the energy right out of me! I need to re-charge. I need to be in my safe place.

Well... I've been recharging and in my safe place all week. I think I've left the house once... or twice? And that was to go my parent's house, ten minutes away. ;] I usually try to keep my weekends open, because Jake works half days on Saturdays and then we usually try to do something together later on. Well, he's working all day today (and I don't know about tomorrow... I hope he gets tomorrow off!!) and I'm antsy to get out of the house and do something. Maybe Ryan and I will go to the county fair later...

Or I suppose I could mow the lawn. That's boring, though... hmm. Any suggestions??



ANYWAYS. I started this project... *whispers* last November. It's very time consuming, especially if you have a little one! I could really only work on it at naptime, but I didn't want to devote EVERY SINGLE naptime to it... so it took some time to finish. And then I would go weeks without even thinking about it, because it's just easy to forget about. Oops.

I've seen this idea all over (where else?) Pinterest and decided to give it a go. Most of the ones I had seen were made out of colored paper, but I really liked the one I saw made from an old book. So I bought a 400+ page book at the thrift store. It was over 100 years old and it was in German, so I have no idea what it was even called or about. I wasn't planning on putting a bow on it like there is, but I ran out of paper! And I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this bow, so we'll see if it goes, stays, or changes...


If you'd like the tutorial on how to make one, go here; or just search Pinterest and you'll find a bajillion and one of them to follow ;] I didn't make mine exactly how this specific tutorial showed, but it gives you the general idea.

Here is my slow but sure progression (terrible phone pics, be forewarned!)...

[November 2011]


[April 2012]


[July 2012]


[Finished! Sort of. July 2012]


Now I just need to decide if I want to keep the bow or not. Or if I should just change it. Or try and find another 100 year old German book at a thrift store ;] 






No comments: