Monday, February 27, 2012

Letting Kids Be Kids


I've been reading some fun blogs and came across this one called "Play Create Explore." I'm all about neat learning experiences for kids, even if they are messy... so the article I linked to was perfect for me to read! I really do need to get some more craft-like supplies so that we can do fun little projects... but the egg shell sensory was something we could do pretty much right away since we had egg shells. I washed them out and let them dry before he played with them.

Here are some pictures of Ryan enjoying crushing the egg shells. I'll be completely honest, the idea seemed so odd to me at first... but he seemed to have fun. Who wouldn't want to smoosh a bunch of egg shells?! I'm sure the texture was pretty neat for him to discover.
























No comments: