Thursday, January 13, 2011

Photo Coasters

Just had to quickly share about an easy craft that I did. At a MOPS group I recently went to, this was the craft that was provided, but we ran out of time and were unable to complete it. I didn't have pictures with me anyways, so I brought the supplies home to do at a later time. I don't have pictures as the project goes on, but it's extremely easy so pictures aren't exactly a necessity.

Supplies needed:

-tiles
-glue [make sure it's a 'clear drying' kind]
-photos [I used ones printed on regular paper, not 'real' photos]
-foam brush
-sticky cork [to put on the back of the tiles so they don't scratch any surfaces]

I mixed the clear-drying glue with a little water to make it thinner. Then I lightly brushed the back of each photo with the glue and placed it on the tile. I glued the front of the photo to the tile as well, making sure that I glued the edges down very well. I used my finger to rub the glue into the picture some more, to make it lay down completely and to remove any air bubbles. Then I took a wet paper towel and removed the glue around the edge of the tile, but leaving the glue overlapping the photos a bit so that they wouldn't remove themselves. Let dry completely. I'm thinking about adding a 2nd coat of the glue/water mixture to the coasters to ensure complete coverage, but for now, here they are!











No comments: