Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome Arielle Joy!

Exciting news: Eric and Juli welcomed Arielle Joy into their little family on May 21st. After a complicated labor, Juli had to have an emergency c-section... and after some time in the hospital, they were able to come home. Arielle is beautiful! They all seem to be doing well, as well as you can be with a brand new baby. Down the road, I'll hopefully post some photos... Juli said she would let me practice my 'skillz' on Arielle. Yay!

This post will probably be mostly photos; I wanted to show you how much work has been accomplished on the cow barn! It looks GREAT! The guys have all been doing a wonderful job working on it. I think Jake has been having a good time teaching the guys how to use the tools properly and build the barn.





Tomorrow is our last day of Swahili class. I can't believe it is actually almost over. I remember when it first started and I thought to myself, "Seriously... 8 weeks of this?!" 5 [sometimes 6!] days a week, 4-5 hours a day, 8 weeks... it's been a long road, and a difficult one at times... but I'm so glad we had the opportunity. I don't feel insanely confident, but I know that it will come as I speak it more. It's nice to be in a place where it can be used! 

Next Monday we are leaving for Dubai! We have to leave for visa reasons... we're only allowed to stay up to 6 months at a time. Dubai was the cheapest place we could find a flight to. We will be gone until the 16th. I'm not sure if we'll have internet access while we are there, so this may be the last blog update for a while [although I've been kind of slacking lately anyways, so it's nothing new]. We're definitely looking forward to having some time to ourselves, eating familiar foods [they have Applebees and Coldstone! Hooray!] The week we come back, Juli's parents are coming to visit for two weeks... exciting! It will be fun to see some people from home. 

We're pretty much on the up-swing from being sick; I still have a nasty cough, but Jake is doing a lot better. It's nice to feel human again!!

I think that's all for now... thanks for your prayers!! 
 

No comments: